Its June, which means it is time to start the summer fun!
Here are 10 fun and easy ways to be active with your kids! Which we all know being active is important to every one, and what better way than to do it together?!
1. Walk. So simple and free! A walk can be simple, a walk around your neighbourhood, a nature walk, walking to and from school, walking to the store.
2. Play with a ball. Kick it, throw it, chase it, bat it, whatever it is you do, just have fun with it. Pick a game where you keep score, person with the lowest score cleans the kitchen, or maybe has to clean their bedroom!
3. Make an obstacle course. Inside on a rainy day, or outside on a nice sunny day. Use chairs, sofa cushions, brooms, boxes, rope, whatever you have on hand. Or make one up at the playground, have to do things in a certain order.
4. Playground fun. Visit different playgrounds in your area, or visit some out of town ones. Have a lake near you? Visit a park near a lake and have a nice picnic lunch.
5. Water World. Set up a kiddie pool to splash in, set up buckets of water balloons, water guns (if you allow those), sprinkler.
6. Bike ride. Local bike ride, or head to a small town nearby and explore. Small towns tend to have the best ice cream, just saying.
7. Walking tour. Visit a new town or city and walk around.
8. Learn or take up a sport as a family. Soccer, baseball, basketball. Whichever tickles your fancy.
9. Set up a sports day. Have different sports you need to do, running, short distance, long distance, long jump, and such. Invite extended family. Even make a craft day before and make up ribbons.
10. Dance. Dance party in the kitchen while cooking. Dance party in the living room. Dance party in the backyard, wait till sunset and have some glow sticks! Who doesn’t love glow sticks?!
How do you plan on staying active this summer with your kids?
One thought on “10 Fun Ways To Be Active With Your Kids This Summer”
Reblogged this on Carrington Family Care and commented:
These are some awesome ideas! I love this lady – such a great blog for moms to follow!