Hello New Day.
Hello New Week.
Hello New Adventure.
It’s a new week, which means new beginnings. But yet is still feels like the same old same old, you know? Maybe you don’t know, maybe you can’t relate. I’ve been in a funk lately, a bit of a rut. This summer has been such an emotional and physically draining time. I’m exhausted in new ways, more than just a late night and being tired the next day.
I guess the first step is admitting you have a problem, right?
So here I am, admitting it to the world, well anyone who reads this, that I am in a rut and I need to get out.
So this week that is what I plan to do.
Here are my goals with the week that will hopefully help.
1. Clean and keep on top of chores. Just because it is summer and vacation doesn’t mean we don’t have to clean every day.
2. Set a timer in the evening and spend 15 minutes tidying up.
3. Spend more time talking. It is fun being able to be together and do things together, but I want to talk more, with no distractions. Just talking, deep conversations about feelings and all that.
4. Finish projects. Seriously there is nothing more frustrating than being a rut and looking around seeing all these unfinished things, it makes the rut worse.
5. Meal plan. Healthy meals! Have healthy snacks in the house and cook dinner at home! No emotional eating, I always feel worse after.
6. Write. Write for the sake or writing, write to sort out my feelings and thoughts, write down to-do lists and my ideas so I don’t forget them!
7. Workout! I know this, I swear I do, but still. I know that working out makes me feel better both emotionally and physically, but that still doesn’t mean I do it ever day, especially when I am in a rut.
8. Read. I miss reading. I miss being able to read and not feel guilty about it. I miss really enjoying a book, really being able to get lost in a book.
9. Write. Stop being so scared to share feelings and opinions. Write openly and freely.
10. Be brave. In all parts of it.
So there you have it, Operation Change is in full effect.
Do you ever get stuck in a rut? How do you get out of it? I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas.