Hello New Day.
Hello New Week.
Hello New Month.
Hello New School Year!
Hello New Adventure!
It is Monday again. Only something is different this year. Oh right, its back to school tomorrow!
Who else is excited? I am. I love my kids. But I also love when they are in school, mostly because they love school so much and I love that.
So what does back to school mean for this week? Well it means endless time for me to relax, stay in bed, watch tv, read, paint my nails, sleep the day away… Oh wait. I have a 17 month old and a never-ending To-Do List. Guess all that other stuff will have to wait.
This week is all about getting back into routine for my boys and the rest of the family. I am excited. See I am a complex creature, I love routine, till I get in a funk, then I like randomness, then I get frazzled and crave routine again. I’ve reached that point, I am highly looking forward to routine.
My goals for this week are:
1. Get everyone back on routine. Lunches made the night before school. Homework time.
2. Survive the first week of school.
3. Have everyone make sure there stuff is all ready the night before school/work.
4. Find time to still read together at bed time.
5. Prepare the family calendar, and make sure it is up to date.
6. Eat healthy. I do tend to eat healthy, but there is room for improvement. No more soda!
7. Learn to take time for myself and not feel guilty about it. Seriously. I am horrible about this.
8. Workout. Not just Zumba. Mix it up with something else.
9. Still working on over coming those darn fears. This may take some time. But I am working on it, taking baby steps.
10. Set out a calendar, and schedule time to work, and then actually do it.
Now if I will be able to sleep tonight. I think I get as many butterflies in my stomach, if not more, than my kids before school starts. It is such a mix of emotions. I know my boys love school, and that makes me happy. But I am also a bit nervous and worry, I know there can be mean people in this world and that as hard as I try I cannot protect my kids from them, especially when those mean people are kids at school. I have to trust in the school, and trust that my children are safe and surrounded by good people.
Let the picking of first day of school outfits start…for the kids, not me!