Hello New Day.
Hello New Week.
Hello New Adventure.
Goodbye November, Hello December.
This last week has been a whirlwind. A lot has happened, none of it I was expecting or prepared for. It has taken a toll on me both physically and emotionally. I have done a lot of thinking, and then more thinking and more. Basically my thoughts have been running around in circles. I’m worn out, plain and simple.
My hope for this week is simple, I make it through in one piece, without losing my mind.
My Goals For The Week:
1. Finish decorating. There are some last minute touches still needed to be done and it is driving me insane that they are not done yet.
2. Organize the front hall and closet. Again. Winter is such a pain. 3 kids and I have mittens all over the house and the snow hasn’t even fallen yet.
3. Spend more time together. We have gotten so swept up in the holidays and the madness of last week that we need to remember to just stop and smell the roses, or rather just stop and spend some time together.
4. Read together. Again with what I stated before. I miss my cuddles with my kids. It is such a great way to unwind after a crazy day.
5. Meal plan. I love when we plan meals together, there tends to be less complaining when they know what is coming and when they get to pick out their own meals.
6. Stop biting my nails. I do so well with this, and then I break a nail, and I just say screw and start biting again. This last week with everything going on, it has gotten bad again. And honestly, I miss nail polish. Glittery pink goodness. I miss it.
7. Workout. It helps fight off stress, yet when I get too stressed out I don’t do it, and I feel worse because on top of the stress I’m not working out. Its a bad, bad circle of events.
8. Use a timer. I was using a timer, and it helped. So much was getting done. And then one of my sons saw it, liked it, and ran off with it. Don’t ask why. I still don’t know why. But I have gotten my timer back, and it is time to get back on track and organized.
9. Set work hours! Seriously. Why is this so hard?! Oh yeah, because I work from home, there is no “leaving” work. It is always around me, always there, screaming at me, mocking me, calling me all day and all night like some evil siren.
10. Push past my comfort zone.
What do you hope to accomplish this week?
Are you ready for the holidays?
If you say you are done Christmas shopping I will be very jealous!