Hello New Day.
Hello New Week.
Hello New Season.
Hello New Adventure.
Holy crow! Where has this year gone?! How is it already officially summer and almost the end of June?!
This month has been crazy busy around here with birthday parties, Fathers Day, and my parents 40th wedding anniversary. Yes 40 years! I will just let that sink in for a minute…. I still can not believe my parents have been married for 40 years! That is crazy! I am so incredible proud of them, this accomplishment, their true love, and their dedication to each other and their every growing family.
And the celebrations will continue with a big birthday celebration for my mom in a few weeks! I love this family. With all these celebrations happening lately it has got me thinking a lot about life, family, love, and all that mushy stuff.
I am so blessed that I was placed into this family. The amount of love this family has going on is amazing. I couldn’t think of a better life to have or a better family to call my own.
So before I get carried away with all the mushy feelings and start crying it is time to get my butt in gear and get stuff done!
My goals for the week are:
1. Clean up and organize. This past weekend my husband and I went away for 3 days for a quick getaway. My house seemed to have thrown up every single toy all over the floor while we were gone, and then with the rush to prepare for fathers day… there is just so much to get done around here now.
2. Meal plan. I am having trouble finding meals that don’t involve a lot of cooking, or can be cooked in the crockpot that my kids like. They have suddenly decided to become picky eaters and hate everything.
3. Some how find a way to waterproof my house from the kids in the summer with all their water fights and pool time.
4. Figure out end of year teachers gifts for my sons teachers. Usually I am totally on top of this, but like I said, this month has just gotten away from me.
5. Figure out how we will survive summer vacation.
6. Pick out our family books to read together this summer.
7. Read a book this summer. I started one way back in March? February? Either way I still need to finish it. If I am feeling really lucky maybe I will get two whole books in this summer!
8. Stop biting my nails. Oh my gosh, let me tell you I had long, pretty sparkly nails last week, then my husband and I went away for 3 days… hello anxiety, goodbye nails.
9. Come to terms with the fact that I can’t work as much as I want in the summer, and thats ok. Family comes first.
10. Never stop dreaming.
What do you hope to accomplish this week or this summer? Would love to hear your plans!