Every night I go to bed with a million plans for the next day. I write out lists, and those lists will have lists. I plan and plan. And then the next day comes, and… nothing.
Here are some reasons why I didn’t accomplish anything today:
- My baby/toddler/child didn’t sleep last night, again.
- There wasn’t enough coffee in the house to make me human.
- My toddler wanted a snack, but not the one she pointed to, a different one, but not that one either.
- My toddler has decided that everything will piss her off today and today shall be full of meltdowns.
- It was such a nice day outside we played outside all day instead.
- A Disney movie marathon seemed like such a better idea, and now I don’t know what day it is.
- My motivation and energy levels are in the negative. My kids sucked them out of me at night.
- One of the kids is sick.
- Netflix just seemed like such a better option at the time and now the day is over.
- My pjs and the sofa have accepted me as one of their own and I need to keep their trust, so nothing else will get accomplished today.
- I ruined the day when I put my toddler in the clothes she picked out.
- Today seemed like a good day to do fun things instead.
- Crafts are so much more fun than work.
But mostly because:
- Anxiety and depression are bitches.
So far today much hasn’t been accomplished, but there is still time.