Spring is finally here. It feels like this year it took its sweet time. And it teased us just a bit. Hot weather, cold, frost, hot again, cold and rain. But I think Spring is finally here to stay.
Here are a few things I enjoy about this time of year.
1. No more dressing the kids in hundreds of layers of clothes to walk to school in the winter. Seriously, in the winter we have to start getting ready about 15 mins before we actually need to leave. Not to mention all the time spent taking all the extra layers back off. Lost mitts. Random hats and mitts around the house.
2. The sun is shining. Nice sunny days do wonders for my soul. A nice sunny day just makes any day better.
3. The windows are open. Fresh air. So nice to be able to have the windows open and feel a nice breeze come through the house. Also nice late at night laying in bed when a storm rolls through, listening to the rain and thunder. So relaxing.
4. Birds singing in the morning. So lovely to wake up to hearing birds sing. Morning walks are so much better when birds are singing.
5. Flowers are staring to bloom. I love flowers. They are beautiful and smell so good! Flowers really make me happy.
6. Road Trips! Road trips are the best, especially in warmer weather, when you can have the windows down while the radio is blasting.
7. BBQ weather! Ok, we pretty much use our BBQ year round. But still, it is so much nicer to use it in warm weather, and being able to eat outside. Bonus that its less mess for me to clean up in the kitchen, kids spill food, no big deal!
8. Lots of out-door time with the kids. Relaxing outside in the sun with the kids and a pile of books. Nature walks. Playing games outside. Jumping on the trampoline.
9. Fun at the lake. Cottage fun. Swimming. Fishing. Throwing stones. Playground fun.
10. Sandals! Enough said.
What do you love about Spring?